If you’re anything like me, you hold onto things you don’t need anymore because you KNOW there’s got to be a better home for them than the landfill.
Good news, often there is!
Nude Foods Market (3233 Walnut Street) takes a few things then there is a magical place called The CHaRM (Center for Hard to Recycle Materials.)
This post is focused specifically on Boulder’s recycling capabilities and every town is different so please research where to recycle each of these materials wherever you live : )
|Candy Wrappers||Bring them to Nude Foods Market at 3233 Walnut Street! We send them off to Terracycle|
|Batteries||Nude Foods Market|
|Mailers (like Amazon envelopes)||Nude Foods Market|
|Electronics||• Computer towers (CPUs) and laptops: no charge
• Projection and CRT TVs and monitors: $0.69/lb
• Flat screen TVs and monitors: $0.59/lb
• All other electronics, including audio equipment, mobile phones, fax machines or any other item with a battery or cord: $0.59/lb
• Hard drive shredding: $12/drive
• Printer cartridges: no charge
|Plastic Appliances||• Electric and battery-powered appliances $0.59/lb
NO vacuum bags, glass (coffee pots, blender carafes, etc.), or food/ liquid residue.
|Scrap Metal||ITEMS AT LEAST 50% METAL, INCLUDING APPLIANCES
• Items without Freon®: no charge Cables and wires: no charge NO oil or fuel in motors, batteries, or propane canisters.
*THERE IS NO FACILITY FEE TO DROP OFF SCRAP METAL • Items WITH Freon® (air conditioners, refrigerators, freezers, humidifiers): $15
|Paper Shredding Service||• Paper materials only • $10 per file box (banker box) full of paper|
|Plate Glass Windows and Doors||• Includes windows, patio doors, shower doors, picture frame glass, glass tabletops, glass block, tempered glass, insulated glass
• Cracked and broken panes are OK
• Plate glass without a frame or jamb, <10 sq. ft.: free with $3 facility fee
• Plate glass without a frame or jamb, >10 sq. ft.: $0.12/lb • Window without jamb: $3.00/unit
• Window with jamb: $10.00/unit • Door without jamb: $12.00/unit
• Patio Door with jamb: $24.00/unit Single-stream recyclables: no charge
Compostables: See www.ecocycle.org/charm#compost for fees.
ALSO ACCEPTED AT CHaRM NO glassware (drinking glass, dishes, etc.), mirrors, Pyrex (food containers, microwave dishes, measuring cups), canning jars, or bottles and jars
|Plastic Bags, Plastic Bubble Wrap & Foam Packing Sheets||PLASTIC BAGS, PLASTIC BUBBLE WRAP & FOAM PACKING SHEETS
• All accepted in the same bin.
• Thin, bendable, translucent foam packing sheets only. See photos of packing sheets accepted at ecocycle.org/charm
• Includes plastic shopping, newspaper & ziplock bags
• Must be clean, dry and empty
NO moisture, receipts, or food waste inside bags, biodegradable plastic, tape or packing peanuts
|#6 White Block Foam||• #6 White block foam packaging and rigid foam insulation only
• Businesses: $6 per cubic yard*
NO packing peanuts, Styrofoam® cups or “to-go” boxes, moisture or tape
|Big Durable #2 Plastics, including plastic lawn furniture!!!!||• Large plastics marked with a #2 such as plastic play structures, plastic watering cans, clean #2 plastic buckets (no residue), clean plastic barrels, crates, rigid backyard kiddie pools, and plastic trash containers with a #2.
Please remove non-plastic parts. Metal handles on buckets are OK.
NO inflatable pools or other inflatable plastics, flower pots without a #2, water beds, chew toys, CD jewel cases, small toys such as action figures, etc. Please cut if necessary so no larger than 3’ in any dimension.
|Mattresses and Box Springs (all sizes)||• Standard spring or futon mattress: $22.75
• Box spring: $22.75 • 100% foam toppers: $8.75
• Memory foam mattress: $22.75
• Mechanical bed: $41.75 NO mattresses/ box springs with bed bugs or mold
|Bicycles and Bike Parts||If they’re in working order, take them to Community Cycles. Otherwise
• Any condition
NO other accessories or sporting goods *THERE IS NO FACILITY FEE TO DROP OFF BICYCLES & BIKE PARTS
|Bicycle Tires and Tubes||• Tires and tubes, $0.50 each|
|Books and Manuals||• Computer and office manuals, hard-bound books, paperbacks
*THERE IS NO FACILITY FEE TO DROP OFF BOOKS
|Concrete||• Must be clean. No metal or rocks accepted.
• In pickup truck quantities or less: $0.07/lb
|Cooking Oil||NO motor oil or any oil used for purposes other than cooking.|
|Fire Extinguishers||• City of Boulder residents with ID: no charge for this item
• Non-Boulder residents: $8
|Porcelain Toilets, Sinks and Urinals||• Toilet, all non-porcelain materials removed: $6.75/unit
• Toilet with non-porcelain materials attached: $12.75/unit
• Sink or urinal: $3.50/unit; With plumbing attached: $6.50/unit
• Ceramics by weight: $0.07/lb Porcelain MUST be clean. NO biohazards.
|Reusable Shoes and Textiles||• Paired, reusable shoes (no mud)
• Clothing, sheets, blankets, towels and fabrics Items may be stained or ripped, but must be clean.
Must be 12” square or larger. NO bathing suits, socks, underwear, curtains, or pillows.
*THERE IS NO FACILITY FEE TO DROP OFF SHOES & TEXTILES
|Yoga Mats||• Plastic foam, rubber foam and jute yoga mats: $1 Mats must be clean.
NO badly soiled, stained or smelly mats, tatami or grass mats, or rugs or carpet.
Go dig out those things you’ve been holding onto because you were sure there was a better place for them and take them to The CHaRM TODAY!!! 6400 Arapahoe Rd, Boulder. Mon – Sat: 9am – 5pm.