Organic Quinoa Tricolor
Vegan • Gluten Free
Organic Quinoa is a gluten free, mineral rich seed that’s high in protein – and super easy to make!
- Rinse 1 part quinoa in a fine colander (With this recipe, you will end up with 3 ties as much cooked quinoa).
- Add the rinsed quinoa and 2 parts water to a saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then decrease the heat a bit to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water, about 10 to 20 minutes (small amounts of quinoa will be ready closer to 10 minutes; larger amounts between 15 to 20). Reduce heat as time goes on to maintain a gentle simmer.
- Remove the pot from heat, cover, and let the quinoa steam for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Season with salt. (Recipe from Cookie and Kate)
Goes well with: Our Imperfect Organic Produce Boxes
We love it in: This Spiced Tricolor Quinoa with Sweet Potatoes recipe!
Ingredients: Organic Quinoa Tricolor
Packaging: Brought to you in a reusable glass jar, please return it for cleaning and reuse (and to get your jar deposit back minus a small cleaning fee).